Why is it Important to diagnose ADHD and get proper treatment?
While the hyperactivity component of ADHD often is less problematic in adults, adults with ADHD may find a difficult to put focus and prioritize, leading to missed deadlines. forgotten meetings or social plans. Also, the inability to control impulses can range from impatience waiting in lines are driving in traffic to mood swings and outburst of anger.
- Drivers with ADHD have a risk of accidents that is about 47% higher than that of their non-ADHD peers
- About 10% of people with ADHD will develop a substance use disorder regarding alcohol or drugs.
- Bipolar disorder is about 6 times more common in adults with ADHD than adults without it.
- About 33% of students with ADHD dropout of high school, more than twice as many as those without ADHD.
The treatment modalities we offer include
- Neurofeedback (ages 10 and older)